Pebble Time Round Smartwatch Review: Simple Yet Elegant
Pebble Time Round has a metal-constructed round body, which is made splash resistant instead of completely water resistant. It is also something that will take others getting used to. Though, it does really make sense, provided that the main focus of Pebble is on being a traditional timepiece and less of a high-tech wearable.
At first glance, one of the things you will notice is how thin Pebble Time Round is and in comparison to about any smartwatch out there, it is much sleeker. Due to this, this makes it accessible for everyone who has smaller wrists. The body of this smartwatch is thick enough to make rooms for down, up, back, and select navigation buttons, as that still remains the main mode of input because it does not have a touchscreen display.
Seeing a round display means a whole new way of fitting information on a colored display, yet Pebble Time Round has managed the round design in a beautiful manner. Speaking of its design, its color-capable e-paper display means that this is easy to view even in bright conditions with a backlight available in poorly-lit situations. However, in broad daylight, Pebble Time Round has the same problem as with the original Pebble and this can get tough to see the elements on the display. The backlight is also a bit strong, particularly in low light conditions, yet the intensity can be reduced in the Settings.
When it comes to the hardware of Pebble Time Round, it is actually simple ad with it being a smartwatch that requires pairing to a mobile network connectivity, Wi-Fi, and smartphone are not focus. With this in mind, there are no additional features like heart rate monitor, yet there will be some straps available in the long run that will add this kind of function.
What you will only get with Pebble Time Round is a standard Bluetooth connection with a microphone underneath its buttons on the right side for the voice input, which is quite good on this smartwatch. But, it can be difficult to use if you are in a loud environment. For some purposes like replying to messages, you will have no concerns using Pebble Time Round. If there are notifications, it will vibrate.
- Time OS is fun and quirky, yet highly functional
- Voice input is good
- Performance snappy and very reliable
- The round display of this smartwatch is used well for info and apps
- Elegant design is beautiful, light, and thin
- Only two-day battery life
- Not applicable in a lot of situations as it is only splash resistant
- Apps still have not fully made the transition in the round software
- Bright daylight viewing may be a bit tough
- Display backlight seldom hard to trigger
Pebble Time Round is without a doubt the most beautiful and elegant smartwatch that Pebble has ever created. It is lightweight, slim, and fits smaller wrists very well. However, this fashionable design actually comes at a cost because this has shorter battery life compared to other Pebbles. But, depending on your preferences, Pebble Time Round is a good investment, especially if you are more on the design instead of the substance.
- The world's lightest and thinnest smart watch. Probably the most comfortable too. At 7.5mm thin and weighing just 28 grams, Pebble Time Round is the thinnest and lightest smartwatch in the world
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly insights
- Full suite of Pebble features, including timeline calendar alerts, notifications, and silent alarms
- Splash resistant so you can live your life like normal;Compatible with Android™ and iPhone
- Battery provides power for up to 2 days, and recharges fast: add a day of power in just 15 minutes; 14MM Quick-change bands and downloadable watch faces and apps for easy personalization