Apple Watch Review: The Best Gear To Level Up Your Fitness
Apple may not be the very first technology company to release a smartwatch. Yet, it’s debatably the first to launch any significant interest about a wearable. As a matter of fact, Apple Watch is now considered as the most in-demand smartwatch in the market. But, though Apple is enjoying its early success , there are some users complaining about its flaws, which include poor battery life and software glitches.
- Built-in speaker and mic to make calls
- Only compatible with iPhones
- Wide variety of straps
- Features an optical heart rate sensor
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 1.7” OLED touchscreen
Design and Comfort
Apple Watch is considered as the most attractive smartwatch. This utilizes the most luxurious materials and this is more elegant and discreet compared to other rivals. Its casing is made from stainless steel. It also has a lovely polished sheen while the ceramic glass protects its built-in heart rate sensor located on the back.
Apple Watch is also beautifully constructed though it complements a smart shirt better that something casual. Depending on the strap you chose, you can be assured that this smartwatch will complement on the outfit you are wearing.
If there is something smartwatch companies aren’t struggling with, this is how to make good small screens. Samsung and LG lead the way, yet that is no surprise when they have been excelling doing the same for TVs and phones for some time now. Apple takes pride of its Retina Display, but in comparison to iPhone, it swapped LCD technology for an OLED. Overall, the screen of Apple Watch is definitely a beauty from a design perspective.
If there is one thing that this smartwatch from Apple isn’t short of is its apps. The official number of apps you can enjoy is around three thousand and each day, it is growing rapidly. Getting apps for Apple Watch is simple. You can do this through your phone from the Watch app. If you have apps compatible to Apple Watch, you can use it easily. Several users have complaints about buggy and slow apps. This could be because of the scaled down versions of phone app.
There are particular apps that will drain the battery life of the device. But, this is something that Apple managed prior to the launch of Apple Watch. This smartwatch comes with a 205 mAh battery concealed underneath its luxurious stainless steel body. It is smaller compared to what you will find inside Pebble smartwatches and Samsung Gear Live with 300 mAh. However, Apple claims that users can enjoy 18 hours using Apple Watch without the need for you to charge it.
- Comfortable to wear
- Its digital crown is a helpful addition
- The Force Touch is well-integrated
- It is the best-looking smartwatch
- Several gimmicky features
- 3rd party apps require work
- Significantly drains your iPhone’s battery
- Its software is buggy and unintuitive
- Dimensions: Height: 38.6mm, Width: 33.3mm, Depth: 10.5mm, Case Weight: 25g (1.51 x 1.29 x 0.41 in inches, 0.88 oz)
- Sport Band with stainless steel pin; Digital Crown
- Gorgeous anodised aluminium case; Ion-X glass
- Heart rate sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope; Ambient light sensor
- Retina display with Force Touch; Composite back, Splash and Water resistant in rain, exercising, etc (but not to be submerged in water, as it's not waterproof!)