Garmin Vivosmart HR Review: Is The Garmin Vivosmart HR Worth Your Investment?
Garmin Vivosmart HR is the second generation of Garmin Vivosmart, which was released in late October 2015. Its most renowned update is the wrist-based heart rate tracking and this features some good waterproofing that every Garmin fitness tracker has.
- It reminds you to stay active with its vibration alert and move bar.
- Control your VIRB action camera and your music all from your wrist. VIRB action camera is sold separately.
- Displays distance, steps, heart rate, calories, activity intensity, and floors climbed.
- Receive call, text, calendar, social media, and email alerts.
- Its sleek band is comfortable to wear the whole day and its always-on display shows user’s stats, even under the sun.
More Than Just Measuring Steps
Apart from measuring steps, distance, and calories, Garmin Vivosmart HR measures the floors climbed with integrated barometric altimeter. Whether you are going for a swim or you want to try out for a boot camp class, this measures your activity intensity with its intensity minutes. This feature also allows you to monitor your progress against activity goals that are recommended by health organizations like American Heart Association and US Centers for Disease Control.
Wrist-Based Heart Rate
Garmin Vivosmart HR features Elevate wrist-based heart rate tech that measures one’s heart rate at the wrist daily. This provides users the freedom to work out without additional heart rate strap required. With the use of heart rate, Garmin Vivosmart HR gives information about burned calories and quantifies one’s intensity of fitness activities, providing great credit for your efforts. You can also use this device as a heart rate strap by playing on your wrist once paired with some compatible devices from Garmin.
Stay connected and active with Garmin Vivosmart HR. Every time you get a notification from your compatible device, this gently vibrates and will automatically display the information. All you need to do is to swipe and touch the screen to read the details. Some connected features also let you control music or can help you misplaced phone.
Garmin Vivosmart HR syncs with your smartphone automatically throughout the day for you to save your stats to the company’s free online community. With Garmin Connect, you can share, plan, and save your activity and beat your yesterday in your step count daily. You can also connect with some users to compete and challenge. For a detailed calorie tracking, you can make your account at the MyFitnessPal and this will be linked it to your account in Garmin Connect. This lets you compare the calories consumed to the total amount of calories burned that Garmin Vivosmart HR records in the entire day.
Reach All Your Fitness Goals in No Time
Garmin Vivosmart HR will also allow users learn the current activity level and will assign an attainable goal for your daily steps. Once you meet your milestones, this will automatically adjust your goal for the following days, gradually nudging you toward achieving a healthier lifestyle. This also reminds you to stay active with the move bar as well as vibration alert if you have been inactive for an hour. To reset inactivity timer, consider going for a short walk.
- Sleek band is comfortable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed and activity intensity
- Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts,Display type:sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Control your music and your VIRB action camera (sold separately) all from your wrist,PHYSICAL SIZE:Width: 21.0 mm,Thickness: 12.3 mm,Regular: 137-188 mm circumference,X-large: 180-221 mm circumference
- Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert.Smartphone compatibility:iPhone,Android,Windows