Fitbit Charge Review: The Best Fitness Tracker For Everyone
With its high accuracy rating and best features, Fitbit Charge is a fitness tracker that fits any lifestyle. Known for being lightweight, it comes with 4 different colors and has a long battery life and helpful screen. It also features caller ID and works with more than thirty 3rd party fitness apps and can be used in up to 10 meters depth of water. Because of these, there is no doubt that Fitbit Charge is one of the best fitness trackers available.
Fitbit Charge is an accurate fitness tracker that tracks steps, calories burned, active minutes, and distance traveled. While there’s no tracker that’s 100% accurate, Fitbit Charge is above 90% accurate, which is close enough to other devices. Fitbit Charge also comes with a sleep mode and great at tracking sleep. You may also check the app for detailed graphs and charts displaying how well you have slept, how deep your sleep is, etc.
Fitbit Charge is a good fitness tracker not only due to the information it tracks, but also how it utilizes the data for motivating you. It vibrates when there are notifications and you will be congratulated once you reach the goals. From the app, you can set custom alarms to remind you regarding special meetings and evening workout. It also encourages you to connect with others who also have their own Fitbits to compete for the number of steps taken.
App and Connectivity
Behind each good fitness tracker is an app that works perfectly. Fitbit app has simple interface and full of helpful information. You can set the app through entering metrics including gender, weight, height, and age. With this information, Fitbit Charge calculates daily totals accurately.
From the main screen of the app, you will see a page that’s full of information regarding your activities for the day including the miles traveled, steps taken, floors climbed, sleep, active minutes, and caloriers burned. You can also consider scrolling through the daily totals for you to compare the activities daily and weekly. The Fitbit app can also display your goals and shows the progress bar for the goals you set for every metric.
Help and Support
Fitbit is known for providing various ways for you to search for quick answers to your problems. You can call service representatives or email the support center. Fitbit has a live chat support on its site, so you can find solutions to your fitness tracking problems instantly. The warranty of Fitbit Charge is only valid within a year. So, if you have encountered some issues within 1 year, you are covered.
Fitbit Charge comes with an informative and easy-to-use app interface. Using this device, you will be able to view your progress, stats, and goals on the home screen.
It does not have an idle alert to remind you when you have been sitting too long.
Due to its efficient app, lightweight strap, high accuracy rating, and goal setting features, Fitbit Charge is considered as one of the finest fitness trackers.
- Charge syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 150+ leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet. Call notifications via Bluetooth 4.0
- Water Resistance: Charge has been tested up to 1 ATM meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Charge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it's best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours. Battery life: up to 7 - 10 days. Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices